Quality Assurance Engineer
About the role
Bitcube is a software development agency with a global reach, working on exciting and innovative projects across a wide range of industries. You will be based in either our Cape Town office or at the Bloemfontein HQ together with a team of like minded developers, UI/UX designers and project managers. You will have a broad scope of projects from across the globe and will have direct exposure to startups from Silicon Valley and London. Flexible working hours means that you can best match up your schedule with times of maximum productivity.
You are a passionate, motivated and hardworking QA engineer looking for personal and career growth. You’re passionate about quality and delivering great software. You meet the following
- You have an eye for detail and you’re an analytical thinker.
- You have strong troubleshooting skills and can track down and reproduce issues.
- Experience working with automated testing suites such as Selenium beneficial.
- Knowledge of, or strong desire to learn integration and unit testing.
- Experience with security testing or best practices a plus.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies